Friday, October 3, 2008

A busy week for us

The girls have had a big week. Sunday was the baby shower for us. They were able to meet a lot of family and friends. My sisters out did themselves. The shower was truly beautiful. The girls were very good about being fought over and passed from person to person, they slept through it. We are still trying to put away all the nice gifts we received. I thought I had a lot of room in our new home but when you have twins there is a lot of stuff and their room is jam packed full now. It was very nice people were so generous to the girls. Tony loved the diaper gifts, since we went through 24 diapers in a 24 hour period the other day. A simple task of writing thank you notes is a challenge now. I think the girls conspire against me when I want to do a task like that. One will be angry and I will calm them down, then sit down to write some notes and then it's like they tagged each other and the other one starts crying. Oh, the joys of motherhood with twins, I wouldn't change a thing. They truly are the loves of our lives. They have grown a lot this week, they are pushing almost 7 pounds. Baylee is catching up with Amelia. Their personalities are showing up too. The girls are smiling and laughing, yes laughing, in their sleep. Grandpa Irish was holding Amelia the other day and she was sound asleep when she started chuckling. Grandpa Irish thought that was hilarious and turned to me and said "She's laughing at me". It is really cool to see the grandparents love on them. Grandma Irish won't put them down, Auntie Julie tells her to all the time. But grandma likes to cuddle them. I am ok with that, because at home they hang out in their boppy seats, the floor or their play pen. They are feeding at the same time if not just 15 minutes apart when it is just mom. They are good babies. Nighttime is getting better, they will just wake up to eat every two hours but are going right back to their pack and play to sleep. Mom and Dad are switching shifts so we are getting a little more sleep. It is hard for mom because she automatically wakes up when one of them cry and it is her turn to stay asleep. Dad is coping with the staying up the best he can, but mom loves to watch him truly wake up, one night he picked up his pillow like it was a baby instead of the crying baby across the room. Mom couldn't stop laughing as she feed the screaming baby, Dad didn't think it was that funny (truly it was!!!). The girls had their first visit to the Mall of America this week. Mom had an interview at Children's Place for a part time job. The woman will be calling with the date of her first day of work this week. I was hoping I could wait longer before having to work, but bills are calling a little too much. Diapers, Diapers, Diapers!!!! I took pictures of the girls this week and will post them when I find the cord to the camera so I can download them to the computer. Things seem to disappear at our house now. Our laundry is going to start creeping out the windows. Priorities are different when they compete with two screaming babies. I truly love being a mom and now that we are all healthy it is less stressful. We are at grandma Irish's today making cookies for Auntie Joyce's open house tomorrow and waiting to go pick up the dogs at the groomer's. The dogs were in desperate need of a haircut. We probably won't even recognize them when we pick them up. I will post the pics tomorrow hopefully. Back to reality, there is a baby screaming to eat!!!

No comments: