Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A new career for Mommy

Well, I have decided to try and be a Tastefully Simple Consultant. I need to supplement income by having a job but putting twins in daycare is expensive and not worth it unless you make that and more in your paycheck. So I decided to try something I can do on my schedule where Daddy will be at home to watch the twins. My kit will come this week and then I will train for the weekend then I will be jumping right in. I am hoping I will be able to get a few friends and family to have some parties just to get me started. I will also be having a website where people can buy products from me without having to have a party of their own. I also will be working at Children's Place at the MOA one night a week and every Sunday for 4 hours. Tony will be watching the girls. I am hoping this will help the budget crunch as well as my need to be doing something. I have worked all my adult life and need to have that to feel like I am contributing to our lives. I don't think it is fair to just have Daddy working two jobs. He will continue at Best Buy but he only works there one day a week, so it is not as stressful. I can't wait to get everything set up this weekend for my new business. I will post the link to my website when it is up and running. I will also be editing photos for Grace Park Photography. In 2009, I will also add every Wednesday to my schedule watching a couple of kids to help out at Grace Park. I am excited and thankful for the opportunity to be able to have jobs that I can either bring the girls with or daddy can watch them. I have been worried about working since I was hospitalized in May. As God worked for us with the girls, maybe now life will come together and go back to some kind of normalcy. I never thought it would be possible to recover from this but slowly it is coming back and it feels good. I just hope I am good at selling the awesome products available through Tastefully Simple.

No comments: