Monday, September 22, 2008

Life gets crazier

As you can see our lives got a little crazier today. I am recovering from a successful D and C. I will be ok. The girls had an excellent day. They were taken off 2 of their preventive antibiotic as well as Zantac. They will keep them on the last antibiotic until the results of what kind of string the gram positive cocci in clusters is, whether it was a contaminate or an infection. It looks positive towards a contaminate today, because Amelia's is still negative. The spinal fluid is still negative, the urine is too. They had until tonight to grow. All results will be there in the morning, as well as they will be taking blood one more time to make sure Baylee is clear. The nurses called to make sure we are there in the morning for rounding. Once that comes in the girls get to come home. I am thinking positive that all is well, and we are going with the theory the neonatologist had today, the fever came from a virus or small bug they got. The lethargy they had seems to be gone, they are bright eyed today. In the last 24 hours, their feedings have been consistent and they are taking in more. They have both put on ounces. Their jaundice is nearly gone, both are down below 6, YEAH!! The docs also think that may have had a hand in the poor feedings and lethargy. All I know is that whatever it was, it seems to be gone and our little angels are pinking up and have been awake a lot. I couldn't be happier. All I know is that from now on when doctors begin to work with the girls and list everything that could be, we need to stay calm and wait for results. It isn't worth worrying over, because in this case it could be something as small as a virus, but when they list all the things it could be, in my life I have always expected the worse. I am determined that is going to change. I have two beautiful daughters (sorry for the biased opinion) and things will get better for their sake. I am getting healed now with the D and C and they are healthy and ready to come back home. I don't think I would of done anything different. The neonatologists said that no matter what child came in at the age they were and their preliminary lab results, the same measures would of been taken. They don't mess with infants that young. I am glad for what they have done. I remember the first doc told me, he wasn't going to send the girls home until they were eating like pigs. Well, my little oinkers are. The NICU staff was excellent in caring for our girls, they encourage the parents to do all the caring for babies. I changed diapers, feed, took temperatures, measured dirty diapers on a scale, administered all meds that weren't IV related, and anything else they needed. Both Tony and I feel lucky the girls are healthy because a lot of the babies there are not and we pray for all of them and their families. We also are very thankful to my sisters Joyce and Julie for dropping everything to rush to the hospital today to sit with the girls as Tony and I went down to have the surgery. I feel bad that they got behind in their work, if there is anything I can do, I will do it in a heartbeat. This big rain cloud hanging over my head has been blown away tonight. Both Tony and I agree life is going to come to a more uneventful and peaceful, minus screaming babies at night :). I will take screaming babies over another hospital stay any day. I hope that from now on I can be the one called to help someone instead of me calling to get help. Family is the best, I just hope I can return the favors to them, so they know how much I appreciate it. I have always been sensitive and easy to cry and I appreciate everyone's patience with me. How do you thank the people who in your life are your rocks??? Is it possible to express your feelings good enough??? Will they ever know how much you appreciate and love them for being unselfish and loving??? Please know that I am not good at expressing myself well, but I never take what others do for me for grant it. I pray that life starting tomorrow will be calm and uneventful, and I will heal so I can help those who helped us. I will post tomorrow the girls status, which I am sure will be THEIR HOME.-

No comments: