Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good News







The girls had a visit from the ob home care and their bili-levels have started to come down. Amelia will gradually be taken off the light therapy, Baylee's levels thankfully didn't reach a level that she would need light therapy. They have an appointment again tomorrow to recheck levels and to have Amelia's white blood count checked. We want that to climb. They were a lot more alert today. I love to look into their little eyes. They are really dark, almost black looking. You can tell in the sun light that it is a very dark blue. We wonder after the eyes start to turn color what their color will be. Baylee was breastfeeding today, when she stopped suddenly and started laughing (it looked to me like laughing), I wonder what she found funny. They both smile in their sleep and occasionally smile while awake. They are sleeping for most of the day, but are being really good at night. We feed them 3 times between 9pm and 6am. Tony was a little out of it one of the times I woke him up to get the bottles (still hard for me to get around) he went in the kitchen and cleaned bottles out and then forgot to bring two back. It was kind of funny for me to watch him try to figure out what he was suppose to do. We have the feeding down to a schedule. They both feed at the same time. We first try to breastfeed both and the supplement with the bottle. Amelia had stopped latching on when we gave her the bottle 2 days ago, but with mom's determination, she started re latching on last night. I am still not getting a lot of milk, the ob home nurse said that has a lot to do with the loss of blood I had and the low iron levels. She said to drink lots and to keep pumping. If it works, it works, if not we will have to do formula. If anyone knows anyone who using Similac formula, we currently have lots of cans that we are not going to use, the girls are on a certain type of Enfamil. Please let me know, or I will send it to the food shelf. We are having a good time being parents!!!



1 comment:

Peg said...

Hi Jill! HP and I are looking at the pictures of the babies, and here is what she has to say: "Hi Jill, I hope Amelia and Baylee grow, and I hope I see your babies soon. I like your new house. I love you and the babies and Tony."

Keep up the good work. Even with singletons, the first few weeks are hard. We are thinking about you! A lot!