Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The last few days
























































Well, in the last few days, we've learned a lot about parenting. The greatest one is patience with each other. Last night was the first night we got sleep. The girls woke up for feedings but went back to sleep. Tony was in charge of Baylee and I had Amelia. Amelia is on a light machine for her jaundice, so I was a little nervous about the cords. They have both been very sleepy. We have been to see their doctor twice to check Bili levels. Amelia is higher today than yesterday but they think it would of been much higher if we hadn't started the light therapy yesterday. Amelia also had a white blood count of 6, which was worrisome, 9-35 is normal for preemies. We had her retested today and she is at 9.5. At least she is in the range now. We are supplementing formula with her because she needs to get rid of the jaundice and momma isn't producing enough. I hope I will soon. Amelia also has to take zantac twice a daily. This has helped her to keep down what she takes in. Her color is slowly coming back. Jaundice is pretty common and I am sure all will be well, I just want the home therapy to work for us. Otherwise the girls are doing great. They are going through a ton of diapers, :)




















My mom has helped us out the last two days. I am not able to get around very quickly, stitches are not fun :( Tony and my mom gave the girls a sponge bath today. Let's just say the girls voiced their opinions rather loudly, I am surprised my sister Joyce who lives a mile away didn't hear them. The girls like to cuddle up with their grandma. We posted some pictures to show the girls and grandma. Janice came down last evening to help get the girls awake and to eat. They were lethargic and the doctors told me to make sure they woke up. Janice helped Tony while I took a bath. We thank them for all their help.










No comments: