Friday, August 22, 2008

We made it to 34 weeks

I can't believe it. I feel like it is a miracle that hasn't stopped. I truly feel Tony and I have been blessed to last as long as we have. I thank him for the nice blog this morning. But I have to do my own praise. I haven't done this on my own. Anthony has been there all the way, from working two jobs, cleaning the house, cooking all the meals, shopping, taking care of the dogs, comforting a crying wife, moving us to a new home, and just being there as my partner in this. If it weren't for him, I don't think I would ever have gone as long as I have. I feel he has done just as much as I have. We are a team and that will not change when the babies come. Much loves to him, I am so happy you are my husband.
Ok, I will stop being sentimental. I am feeling so much better today. The upping of meds has helped the contractions calm down. The babies are moving all over. It is really fun to watch my stomach move when they do. Yesterday, our youngest dog, Daisy, was laying her head on my stomach sleeping. Baylee responds to whatever pressure you put on my stomach and kicks, so she kicked at Daisy's head. Daisy raised her head looked at my stomach as Baylee kicked again. Daisy started growling at my stomach. I couldn't stop laughing when finally Daisy gave up and moved herself to end of the bed ignoring me. Our older dog, Minnie doesn't mind anymore she lays across my stomach, like she has since a puppy, and she doesn't care if my stomach moves. I really hope she doesn't mind the babies when they are finally out of my stomach. We are worried about her reaction since she is a toy poodle and they tend to attach themselves to one person. Her one person is me. We hope that she will smell me on the babies and realize that they are mine and she will love and protect them. If not she has our bedroom to hide in. She does like my nieces and nephews. She is always licking Brianna's face and trying to clean up Zoey's face or hands after she eats(imagine that). She kind of smells at little Davis but when he was a baby we would babysit and she would sit with me as I held him and growl at Daisy if she tried to lick Davis. Maybe that is a good sign. Now, Daisy, she is still a puppy and loves Davis a little too much. She licks his face and wants him to play but because she is so eager to play she scares Davis and makes him cry. Which is not a good sign since he is used to three dogs in his own home. Daisy will just have to learn to leave the babies alone.
I hope you all have a good day and enjoy the last weeks of summer.

No comments: