Monday, February 2, 2009

One Year Ago

I forgot what today is, a year ago today on the 2nd of February we learned we were pregnant! Not only did we learn we were pregnant, we learned we were pregnant with two. I remember the disbelief I had, "No, this test must be wrong!" I told that to Tony I think a hundred times, after several home pregnancy tests and then the ultrasound, I finally believed it to be true. The twins thing threw Tony for a loop, but I was thrown just being pregnant, after everything we had done and then giving up and going for adoption, I just assumed our family was going to be happily built through adoption (which I would still love to do BTW), to find out we were having a baby let alone two made me nervous about the pregnancy. I think I was an extremely nervous first trimester pregnant woman, I had fear of losing them so intense it made me not enjoy the joy of finally being pregnant. Then May 16th came and for all those who know, my fear almost came true. However, I will forever hold February 2nd in my heart, that is the day I found out about the two babies growing inside me.

No comments: