Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year Resolutions-No, let's try no lifestyle

Well, I thought about making New Year resolutions, but why, I always mess them up the next week. So, I have decided to change my lifestyle instead. What does this mean? I am trying to change things I don't like about myself or the way I live for life not just for the new year. I have made a list of things that are important to me and what I need to do to make those things priority to me. I have been doing well on some of the things I want to "change", others are a challenge, but just because I fell off the bandwagon one day doesn't mean I have messed up for life. I just try again the next minute, hour, or day! I am trying not to be hard on myself when I mess up, but I am rewarding myself when things go right. My house, the downstairs so far, is becoming organized so life is easier. No more scrambling to pack the diaper bag at the last minute, it is always packed and ready to go now, which makes getting out of the house easier. Now to figure out how to lessen the time it takes to get winter gear on three fidgety kids LOL! My dishes are now done right after a meal, yes I used to let them sit. I am also making dinners every night for us. Tonight, I made a turkey breast, mashed taters, stuffing and rolls for dinner! I am also not overstocking my cupboards, I am trying to finish the food in them first. I am having the girls help me cook something once a day, yesterday they "helped" stir the cinnamon apple muffins. Also, we are organizing the billion toys the kids have. I also made my goal, tonight actually, of getting all the stuff out of the garage so I can park my car in it. I am utilizing items I found at garage sales, thrift stores or got free to decorate our new home. Tonight, I spray painted two items to match the bench at the front door, BTW I love spray paint it made a huge difference in the two items. I might start spray painting everything :) The house is coming to order so to speak!

No comments: