Saturday, May 16, 2009

One Year Ago

One year ago, started out as an exciting day for us. We were going to find out the sex of our twins. 15 minutes into the appointment, I am being rushed to labor and delivery with 90% chance of losing them. Laying there and being told you weren't going to be parents for an extended period of time, really hurt. I was beside myself with grief. I can say it was grief because in my mind and the opinions of all the professionals I was definitely going to lose them. Tony stood by my side and just kept strong, while I lost it. Julie came and gave her support. Joyce talked to me on the phone a lot. The first 12 hours was a blur. Until 6am the next day, when the nurse shook me awake and said that Dr. Steven Calvin was willing to give me the risky rescue cerclage surgery!! My heart fluttered with some hope. I remember going into the surgery and thinking that I didn't want to lose them, but honestly I still believed it wasn't going to help. It of course worked after the next 171/2 weeks of bedrest, I was given the best gift in the world, my two beautiful twin daughters. I wouldn't of made it without the love and support from my four sisters, family and friends. The prayers from everyone and us helped us tremendously. We thank everyone for their support and love a year ago and are so blessed to be parents of two 8 month old baby girls. "It takes a village to raise a child", in this case it took a village to give the mom the encouragement, support and love to lay there to receive the gift of motherhood!!! Thank you!!!!!

Ok, done being sappy! It is still fresh in my mind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like sappy. There is nothing in this world more important than family ~